Saturday, February 4, 2012

Finally! Time to relax and get back to a normal pace.

My I am tired. These last six months have been super busy. One of my goals last year was to join the local YMCA. When that happened it seemed everything else in my life stopped. I became so busy socially that I pushed most of my other goals aside. I will not let that happen again.

2011 Goal Update.
Personal Learning and Development
1. Stay busy and focus on doing good and helping others
-Yes. I remained actively involved in my church callings and as a master gardener in my community.
2. Learn to play every song in the LDS hymnal, all 341 of them
-Incomplete. I learned 224 of the 341 songs.
3. Learn alto part to every song in LDS hymnal
-No. I only learned a few more than I already knew.
4. Learn to preserve by dehydration and bottling
-Yes. Dehydrated green peppers, onions, chives, and herbs. Also learned to make jelly.
5. Learn to propagate a variety of plants
-No. All attempts were failures.
6. Join YMCA for exercise and social interaction
-Yes. Big mistake.
 
Home
Keep house clean Everyday - quit skipping days (this is the most difficult for me physically)
-No. I still struggle.
Increase food and water storage
-Yes. Increased my food and nonfood storage tremendously.

Garden
Remove cedar and bradford pear trees along driveway
-Incomplete. Removed most of the bradford pears, but the cedars still remain.
Prepare fence row (8'x250') for perennials and shrubs
-No.
Prepare perennial wildflower triangle at fence/road/pole
-No.
Plant climbing vines at both power poles - I hate vines, but this is the only option here
-No.
Prepare Orchard area, up to half acre
-No.
Built 5 more Raised Beds for vegetables
-Yes.
Build Perennial Herb Raised Bed
-Incomplete
Have something edible growing in my garden every day
No.
                   
Purchases
Dehydrator
-No. Borrowed one and decided I did not want an electric dehydrator.
Canning/Bottling supplies
-Some.


Some goals were met and some were incomplete and some were not at all, but each year I learn and I grow.
Isn't that the real purpose of goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment